The Senior Library provides a beautiful and inspiring environment where senior students can read, study, and research.
The library is kept interesting and up-to-date with a mix of current news media, an extensive range of non-fiction and a stimulating selection of international fiction.
Students are actively encouraged and supported to expand their knowledge in their chosen areas of interest.
- 8.30am – 5pm weekdays
- Open at break, lunch and after school for senior students.
- Senior students may use the Library for study and research during free periods.
- Senior students and staff are welcome to borrow from the Senior Library.
- Three books may be borrowed at a time for a 3 week period.
- DVDs are loaned for 1 week.
- Loans may be renewed on request.
- Students may borrow books for all holidays (except the Summer holiday where all books are returned for annual stocktake).
- No fines are imposed for overdue books. All lost books, however, must be replaced or paid for.
- Suggestions for new books are welcomed.
- The Librarian is available to assist and guide anyone who needs help.
- There are approximately 6,000 fiction and non-fiction books in the Senior Library (70% of which is non-fiction).
- The library has an excellent range of resources including journals, periodicals and current news media that support the curriculum and independent study.
There are large sections dedicated to Literature, History, Arts, Economics, Sport and Travel.
There is also a selection of DVDs available for loan.
New books are displayed prominently before being assimilated into the library.
The library also has daily newspapers and relevant periodicals which are available for use in the library.
Computer facilities are available for the use of senior students and staff.